18 May, 2010

Love

"Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

1 Corinthians, 13:4

I don't think there has ever been a better definition of Love. Love, as in the real thing, not as love as we know it now. Not as a feeling that doesn't stick, that doesn't last, that doesn't scar. Not as something less than sacred that is easily corrupted. This verse reminds me of what true love means. It's not about winning. It's not about having your way. It's about feeling something so beautiful, that makes you feel grateful you ever felt it, no matter how much pain it might bring you. That's the kind of love I hope for. Not envious, adultered, revengeful "love". I may not know what Love is. But I sure as hell know what it ISN'T. And I will not fool mysefl into thinking it is anything less than it should be.

No comments: